Spring Time - Live with nature.23, March, 2012, by Seema Bhatnagar (Edited on: 11 Feb, 2016)
Nobody can deny the fact that we are a part of nature, but our everyday life makes us to forget this and we simply ignore the gifts of nature available very close to us. Look around your house, office, neighbourhood you will see the presence of nature in small bundles.
The sunny blue bright sky, shimmering water of lakes and river, birds chirping in gardens, parks and sometimes outside the office window constantly reminding us of their presence. Living with nature means you are sharing the abundance and power of nature.
See, experience and appreciate the beauty, intelligence and abundance of nature, you will feel positive and empowered.
Being a nature lover, I urge you to go nature friendly in your daily life. Be a little more responsible citizen of this planet and help in reducing the garbage and waste created in daily life. Your efforts will definitely make a significant difference in the overall abundance of nature.
"Our choices at all levels-individual, community, corporate and government-affect nature. And they affect us." - David Suzuki
How to become nature friendly?
If you are touched by the abundance and beauty of nature around you, spread the idea of becoming nature friendly. Following are some tips, which may help you in becoming nature friendly. In my personal life, I follow all these.
- Be with nature wherever or whenever you get a chance, even if it is for 10-20 minutes. This will help you to appreciate the small wonders of nature.
- Grow your kitchen garden and encourage your kids to care for plants.
- Keep a plant near your workspace in office, even a small table plant has a power to create wonder for you.
- Keep your environment nature friendly. Avoid using plastic bags and carry home-made bag, if this does not suit your personality and status, please reuse plastic bag.
- Do not take unnecessary printout at home and office. Even if there is a need, use both the sides of paper.
- Nowadays, all companies have an option for receiving bills through email so opt for ebills.
- At office, instead of consuming plastic cups, keep your personal cup. Please do not think, since cups are disposable so it does not create problem. Remember, even for having a recycling plant you need to create lot of stuff which nature does not accept as its part.
- At home, get your toilets converted to dual flush, which has buttons for releasing water according to flushing need.
- Feed birds with grains and water. You may keep a bowl of handful of grains in your terrace area.
- Do not waste food. If there is a leftover get it packed for next meal or you may give it your friend or somebody who can make use of it.
- Eat fresh vegetarian and organic food rather than packed food.
- Do not throw any waste in rivers or lakes.
- Segregate your waste in different bins at home.
- Try to minimize the use of chemicals in your daily life. Look for natural substitute for it.
- Reuse your clothes or things at home rather than use and throw.
- Reuse papers which have blank side as rough notebooks for your kids and scratch pads at office.
- Encourage and share your tips for saving environments on your blogs and facebook pages.
- Avoid using detergents for reasonably clean clothes.
- Use washing machines only when you have good number of clothes ready to be washed else it is a sheer wastage of water.
- Opt for reuse of bed linens when staying in hotels. You may ask the hotel staff to change linens if your stay is more than three days.
- Carry your own towels while staying in hotels as it would reduces laundary overheads.
If you can practice even few of these tips, you are contributing your part to the abundance of nature and making life easy for millions who might not be connected to you directly.
Here are my few poetic thoughts inspired by spring season.
Abundance of Nature
Chirping of birds and glistening leaves
Mountains wearing greens
brightness of flowers
Positivity and growth everywhere
Each one aspiring to live the renewed life
Achieving the best of potential.
It is a spring time, a renewed life
Greening and shining all over
Nature blossoming at her best after a deep breath of winter
Rejuvenated to give and nurture more
Slow down and hear
Birds chirping and fluttering
Breathing a new life under a green cover.
Stay close and stay inspired with nature.